Tuesday, November 04, 2003
There was a little boy around town, he was called Cupid and everyone was saying whata naughty little boy he was. Apparently he would hit everyone he came across in the chest with his arrows. Posters warned people to keep away from this boy. But he was cunning: he would disguise himself and trick people to get them. Everyone was despairing, everyone was falling in love. I decided to track this Cupid fellow down. I saw him sitting on a rock, looking a little forlorn.
'Cupid, Cupid, hello?'
'Hello.' He sighed.
'What's wrong?'
"people are trying to avoid me & my little arrows. It's very sad.'
'But i'm not. Look, Cupid, I would very much like you to hit me in the chest with your arrow.'
Cupid smiled. 'Really?'
'Yes. Look, I shall stand here and be your target.' Cupid picked up his bow and arrow and aimed at my chest. The arrow hit me in the arm.
'Ow, that hurt!' I cried in pain.
'Sorry, i'll try again.' Cupid fired another arrow which hit me in the leg. Then another, which hit me in the head and another which missed me altogether.
He sighed again. 'I'm sorry, but I guess it's not going to work when you're so willing. I'm going to find someone else.' with that, he picked up his bow and arrows and left me nursing my wounds.
People were right about Cupid. He was a bloody pain in the arse.
posted by Fuzzy @ 11:39
monologue.