Saturday, January 17, 2004
Islam.
My religion.
The religion that I've been born into and so often loathe for the infinite no-you-can't-do-thats.
But as I grow older, I think Islam has become a part of me. I've completed reciting the Quran, but unlike reading say a 2000-page novel, reciting the verses from the Quran is an entirely different experience. And it's only because it's in a language I can't possibly understand. Arab. In fact, reading something I can't understand, even though I know it's for my good and all, it becomes laborious.
That is why, since i've decided to do my I-search paper for writt on Islam, I fished out this beautiful leather-bound translation of the Quran from my mother's prized cupboard to read. Only i couldn't get past the 5th page.
Because it's all in Malay.
I've gotten an English one though, but haven't started on it, since I've got a perfect book on Islam- in English- called 'The Veil and The Male Elite- A Feminist Interpretation of Women's Rights in Islam'.
And I'm so proud of myself.
Sad me. In fact, I'm doung my soc psych journal 1 on the stereotyping of female Muslim teens who wear the tudung. And i'm referring to those in sg.
I'm talking about the game of charade a huge portion of these girls are going through.
Sometimes, it's all bullshit.
Will post it up when i've handed it in. Till later. Ciao.
P.S.: blog hopped the other day and went to Val's (MI year 3er) and realised we share the same birthdate! =) And that I'm not only a cancerian, my horoscope supposedly a Gemini-Cancer Cusp, which makes sense since i was born only after midnight... on a plane from Canada. pfooi. I was weird from the start.
posted by Fuzzy @ 18:10
monologue.