Monday, March 22, 2004
Despite the 7-hour exposition test that was probably the most difficult, most stressful and most traumatising test I have ever sat for my entire life (which was last Saturday btw) I still love Desmond Kon. He just amazes me. You know how there are some people who's got so much to say about him or about his beliefs or opinions and merely shuts up in class for the fact that they are either intimidated by him or just afraid (of what, i know not) are pathetic.
I've grown up in a family where you do not question authority and despite knowing that it is wrong, and when you point it out, authorities (namely my parents, my elder cousins, my aunts & uncles) will still be resistant on the fact that they are right. Oh,
and you don't question 'the head' of the family.
Purely stupid.
And needless to say, I have always despised this environment. It is ridiculous and completely patriarchal. I'm not gonna go all out on a feminist debate (of which I had a fantastic one w Jun the other time, only wish it was longer), but I have a fixed belief that one's opinions and thoughts should be shared. It'd make the world a better place.
Of course, Foucault would disagree since he said that the best author keep the 'best' "truths" to themselves.
That if, of course if your argument or opinion is completely insipid, say, like something a certain Vicky-Victoria would come out of.
Anyhow, the 7-hour (7 and a half, actually) test didn't acually feel as though it was 7-hours long. But even if he made it any longer it woundn't have made any difference.
because I'm gonna fail it anyhow. Put it this way lah- nobody's gonna pass. Period. I just need to kick major ass for I-Search. Hopefully with the help of my uncle (who's a Sg Muslim writer) and his connections to the Muslim Converts' Association, Mendaki, MUIS and such, i'll be able to source for resources easier.
Well, at least I hope it'd make a difference.
posted by Fuzzy @ 19:34
monologue.