As moonlight plays upon my skin
A kiss that lingers takes me in.
I miss you.
I miss how I loved to walk in to watch you sleep, to hear your breath, to try to take in an ounce of you and to be there with a coffee when you wake from your slumber.
I miss that fusion of musky sweetness blend cigarette smoke and cologne that always seem to trail you. I miss how it bathes my hair when i'm close to you. I miss the rainy December nights spent with you under your black duvet talking about God.
We build our shrine above this street;
We practice love between these sheets.
I miss how you remember my love for puns, ironies and oxymorons. I miss how you never tell me that I think too much. I miss hanging out with you at Borders till closing time, I miss your complains everytime I go Topshop.
I miss your obsession with cars, I miss the same tee-shirts that you wear all the time, I miss how ridiculous you become when you get drunk.
The world- they don't understand.
But I grow stronger in your hands.
I miss your love for still life art. I miss how you used to marvel at my paintings, and how I marvel at your sketches. And no matter how hard we try, I can never teach you to paint and you could never teach me how to sketch still life.
I miss you.
I miss you.
I miss you.