Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Because Divas Rock.
I am constantly amazed at my lack of self restrain when it comes to whipping up my Monroe wallet, casually thumb out my blue [and new!] Standard Chartered debit card and paying for my latest purchase. On my search-for-new-places-to-borrow-stuff-from today, I bought yet another top from a shop at Harbourfront. I get jitters thinking about counting how much I've spent on clothes for the past three weeks.
That's where the God-given gift perched on top of my neck comes in. I'm smart enough to have two savings account. One, which my dad holds and the other's with me. The latter's not exactly a savings account, considering savings is not exactly it's middle name with the constant single digit figure sum that's in it, but it makes a difference that I've two, so I can still save mooolah.
I'm reminded of Polly Ester's column in Nov Catalog. If I had mutant powers, it'd be a hybrid of my ability of spewing out sarcasm faster than anyone can tell time and my ability to spot a gorgeous bag from 500m away. Speaking of gorgeous bags, I fell in looove with this leather white tote carryall from CK. Pity it costs 2 grand.
So, what's YOUR mutant power?
Oh. And if I were a superhero, I'd be the Super Shopper [at this point in time, tt is, it's bound to change considering my state of mind]. She is known to carry 20 shopping bags from Club 21 stores without paying a cent, she zips through town and sends signals to a secret fashion police force via her silver hoop earrings everytime she spots a fashion victim. Literal victim that Death ran over twice - a normal sight at the basement of Far East Plaza. She also has this superpower to pick up hot young bartenders at the events she goes to as a part of her job. And she aspires to ooze qualities that's the bastard child of Paris Hilton's divaishness, Anita Kapoor's writing & magazine publishing industry hooplas. All topped with a healthy serving of her true blue and very close-to-heart chocolaty sarcasm.
And what would a superhero do without a costume? Yours truly would decked out in the classic Christian Dior white powersuit, fuschia satin Yves Saint Lauren heels, Donna Karan shades and a whiff of Escada Island Kiss. Oh, and not forgetting the ultra important Catalog namecards.
Heh.
I've been invited to the launches of RougeOnline's [local online funky bag store] & Antipodean's [coolass designer store at Lorong Mambong, Holland V] latest range. I'm still crossing my twinkies and praying that I don't have to cover ZoukOut! coz I'd hate it. Put it this way- you'll end up either wet and sticky or wet and sticky. Period. The first wet and sticky coz the weather's so hot and you're perspiring gallons, and the second wet and sticky coz it rained and it's humid and disgusting.
I'm such a diva. Tsk.
posted by Fuzzy @ 22:54
monologue.