Because.
I'm dead beat after delivering 1, 060 copies of Catalog all over coz' our courier's not working during the holiday weekend.
Much thanks to Julz & his bangbus.
Tmr's hari raya. Thanks to all who've sent text message greetings but I've got no spare moolah to waste 5 cents on a greeting. So, I'll just say it here: Salam Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir Batin. Cliched as the latter part sounds, I really mean it.
Anyhow, I'm still very proud of the fact that I am now a published nobody writer.
Phin [it's pronounced as Pin, btw, just in case any other of my friends are going to meet this much lurved editor my mine] was complaining about censorship just now and how up till like 5 years ago, the word 'motherfuck' cannot be heard on SG screens. They'll cut it out. On top of that, the word 'fuck' can be used as a swear word but not as a sexual word. Meaning, an actor can have 3/4 of his lines while he's cursing littered with the word 'fuck', but he cannot say 'Let's fuck.'
How screwed up is that?
AND you know how they're always saying the censorship board is a group of old phucks? It's true. They got their granny knickers in a knot when they saw our street shots from Oct where a woman was topless [but you couldnt see her breats at anytime since her beau was always in its was] and she had a pair of jeans on with her thong showing.
Yo. You see that on Orchard Road all the time when chicks bend over. tsk.
And you know, these censorship fellows don't watch all movies? They let like small foreign films thru as long as they hear no media hoo hah about it. Phin was saying he and Jeremy caught this french flick couple of weeks back which showed an erection. A throbbing, growing erection. And they get all thinggie with a thong showing.
How obvious is it that these people don't watch these things?
I googled Phin's name and got some stuff including his film reviews from Fridae. I love reading his reviews.
[And I also found out that you shouldn't brush your teeth before oral sex bc your gums might bleed and not to give oral sex if you have cuts, ulcers or infections in your mouth. the new things i learn everyday. =)]
This is the beginning of his review for The Dreamers.
What's the big deal with cock? The censors get their panties in knots just from the mere sight of a penis and the scissors go in a snipping frenzy. Tits and ass are a-ok. Hell, even full-frontal female nudity is doable, but please, no cocks, thank you very much.
I'm convinced this phallus-phobic culture we live in has everything to do with the fact that we live in a male-dominated society. Exploitation of the female body and sexuality is allowed and even encouraged, but naked men are a no-no because that dick on screen could make someone insecure about his little pee-pee. The locker room is already challenging enough for men; having their date see a penis prettier than theirs on-screen would not be their idea of foreplay. This of course isn't just a "Singapore thing." In fact, we probably see more naked male flesh in this tiny city-state than the Americans in their "Land of The Free" multiplexes. Thank god for Europe.
Which brings us to The Dreamers - the brave, sexy new film from acclaimed director Bernardo Bertolucci. It's 1968 in Paris and the student riots are erupting on the streets.
Don't you just love the way he writes? It's as though he's talking to you. Although if he really is, he'll be cursing his head off AND putting in his melodrama antics that I get entertained with.
To read the rest of the review, click here.
Anyway, I gotta hit the sack. I've to be happy dandy at a god forsaken hour and be all nice and sweet and PR-ish to the relatives.
Bah.
On the plus side though, more moolah coming in real soon.
Toodles.