I Have To Brag, I Have To Announce.
Ladies, gentlepeople and fans of my blog. This is one of the biggest announcements I've yet to make. And surprise, surprise, despite my very narcassistic self, it is NOT solely about me.
Ahem. Ahem.
Jesse, Vanessa & I will be EDITORS of Tribune, Urbanwire and Hype respectively.
Thus,
(a) People who thought any of us couldn't make it in Mass Comm/ life whichever way you see it, Kindly EAT YOUR SHORTS.
(b) I'M FUCKING DELIRIOUS.
(c) Watch out World. Peel Pte Ltd is coming at you faster than you know it. Soon, you'll be breathing our name faster than you can snort coke or drink Coke. Not necessarily at the same time.
Of course, to add the OOMPH and the voyeuristic appeal, here is Robin Yee's email. Eat Your Hearts out, Dahhhhhlings. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
From: "Robin Yee"
Subject: Journ Camp results
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:17:54 +0800
Hiya all,
I want to thank you all once again for having participated in journ camp, and allowing us to get to know you better. We hope it has been a worthwhile experience for you as well.
As promised, here're the people we've chosen for our editorial teams. Congratulations and a warm welcome, your seniors will be in touch with you soon to get you started:
Chinese: Jiayi, Ningxi
hype: Cheryl, Candace, Fazillah
Tribune: Dinesh, Jessy, Kate
UrbanWire: Bryan Loh, Vanessa (and one more editor whose status we need to check because of ranking)
As you can see, we're still short of UrbanWire eds, and will be trying to recruit possibly a couple more. We are, however, insistent that we do not recruit just to fill nos., because if the fit is not good, you will be miserable for one full year.
We hope that if you're still interested in the publications you will sign up for the print and online journalism electives.
All the best,
R.Yee : )