Excuse my absence from the blogging realm. I have been a tad too preoccupied with things that happen in the real world then to attempt to get famous by swearing my head off in my blog. Not that i don't do that already, of course. Not that I have been busy with school. Aside from Hype [which, so far, has been very confusing. but we're trying our bestest], school is pretty swell. My electives, just so you know, are Acting & Directing, Scriptwriting and Photo Journalism. I'm not squirming in my panties in excitement for these classes, but they're better than PR anytime.
I think I attract weird cabbies. No, seriously. Either that, or i have rather out-of-the-ordinary cab rides.
I have to admit though, I fall into the category of individuals who make cab drivers' lives worth living. Not that I'm a very entertaining customer, i just happen to take taxis a lot. I really can't help it if I'm always late or that I slept at 0430hours approving factsheets and trying to make out what people are actually trying to say in them or that my archilies tendon decides to be a bastardised piece of muscle and hurt like mad.
I think if I stopped cabbing for three whole months, I would actually be able to feed a family in Sudan with the money.
Anyway, as i was saying. Cabbies. I have the tendency to fall prey into the seat of a cab belonging to a driver who's totally mental. Or just plain weird. Like there was this time, I was cabbing back from Cine after a movie preview, my cabber kept cursing his head off everytime someone came in front of him from another lane, he'd curse. And he'd curse under his breath all dark and menancing. Scary shit lah, scary shit.
And then there was this time I came back from Holland Village. And the guy was falling asleep at the wheel. Since I didn't know what to do and I really didn't want to die before I actually managed to see the new year [thinking back, i should have just slept], I whipped out my now-dead Samsung flip phone and started conversing with an imaginary person about my most kickass day. I was hoping he would eavesdrop and didn't fall asleep.
I think it worked though, i came home in a piece.
And don't get me started on the zajabillion cabbies who ask what race/religion I am, where I'm schooling, why i'm working, why I shouldn't be studying mass comm, why i should run away from this country because the gahment is screening all our emails/ snail mails/ calls/ text messages [think Big Brother syndrome].
Not that it's gonna stop me from cabbing of course. =)